Bachelor’s Degree Program
Bachelor of Arts, Ethnic Studies
In addition to the general requirements of the College of Arts and Sciences, students must complete at least 33 credit hours of Ethnic Studies requirements, consisting of 12 credit hours of Ethnic Studies core classes and 33 credit hours of Ethnic Studies electives.
Required Core Courses (12 credit hours)
- ETHN 2001 – Foundations of Ethnic Studies (3)
- ETHN 3501 -Theory and Writing in Ethnic Studies (3)
- ETHN Topics Courses. Choose any one of the following:
- ETHN 3022 – Selected Topics in Africana Studies (3)
- ETHN 3023 – Selected Topics in American Indian Studies (3)
- ETHN 3101 – Selected Topics in Ethnic Studies (3)
- ETHN 3106 – Selected Topics in Chicana/o Studies (3)
- ETHN 3425 – Selected Topics in Asian American Studies (3)
- ETHN 4951 Senior Seminar in Ethnic Studies (3)
Elective Courses (21 credit hours)
A minimum of 21 credit hours in Ethnic Studies electives, 15 credit hours of which must be upper division courses in the major. The 21 credit hours in Ethnic Studies can be selected from the current ethnic studies course offerings; they may also include courses interdisciplinary coursework as approved by the department’s curriculum committee and advisor.
Declaring a Major
To declare a major, please pick up the required form in the Ethnic Studies office in Ketchum 30. Alternately, you may schedule an appointment with our advisor, Ceci Valenzuela.